17.4 C
New York
Monday, September 20, 2021

Here is all you need to know about  Medtronic PLC (MDT) stock and recent developments.

Medtronic PLC (MDT) stock gained 0.21% on Monday, May 3, 2021, and remained unchanged in the after-hours session to close the day at $131.20 per share.

3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.

We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.

Click here for full details and to join for free


MDT shares have surged 37.90% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up by 0.83% in the past week. Over the past three months, the stock has gained 18.01%, while over the past six months, it has added 29.43%.

Let’s check out its recent news.

CEMark of the Evolut™ PRO+ TAVI System

On May 3, 2021, Medtronic plc announced the CE (ConformitéEuropéenne) Mark of the Evolut PRO+ TAVI System.

PRO+ TAVI System is the newest-generation Medtronic TAVI system that builds off the proven self-expanding, supra-annular Evolut TAVI platform.

Positive outcomes for patients implanted with the Medtronic Evolut™ TAVR System.

On April 28, 2021, Medtronic plc reported provisional analysis results of OPTIMIZE PRO clinical study in which 171 patients (including 71 roll-ins) treated.

The interim data were presented virtually at the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) 2021 Scientific Sessions.

Excellent safety outcomes were observed with zero death or disabling stroke and a low pacemaker rate (8.8%) in one month.

Evolut platform showed excellent hemodynamic (blood flow) performance with low mean gradients (8.1 mm Hg) and low rates of residual total aortic regurgitation with the majority of subjects having none/trace (80.4%), and the rest mild (19.6%) at discharge.

Breakthrough device designation status from FDA

On April 27, 2021, Medtronic plc received breakthrough device designation status from the U.S. food and drug administration for the Emprint™ ablation catheter kit.

The catheter is intended to be used in conjunction with the Emprint™ microwave generator and Medtronic lung navigation platform to provide a minimally invasive, localized treatment of malignant lesions in the lung, and it can be used together with the standard of care therapy when indicated.

FDA approval for TNM device

On April 27, 2021, FDA allowed Medtronic plc to proceed with an investigational device exemption (IDE) trial to evaluate its internally developed implantable tibial neuromodulation (TNM) device.

TNM device is designed to provide relief from symptoms of bladder incontinence.

More than 37 million adults in the United States suffer from overactive bladder and only 5% receive treatment. Implantable TNM aims to expand access to therapies for incontinence for more physicians and their patients.

Medtronic partnership with Surgical Theater

On April 26, 2021, Medtronic plc announced a partnership with Surgical Theater to use Surgical Theater’s augmented reality (AR) technology integrated with Medtronic’s StealthStation™ S8 surgical navigation system.

Neurosurgeons will be able to use AR technology in real-time to enhance visualization during complex cranial procedures and the SyncAR platform will allow surgeonsto plan surgeries before entering the operating room.


The MDT stock surged after the recent CE approval for its Evolut PRO+ TAVI System. We can expect MDT stock to gain more in the coming days, based on its past activities which we discussed above.

Get The Best Stocks To Trade Every Day!

Join now to get the NewsHeater.com pre-market morning brief 100% free

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Articles

Get The Best Stocks To Trade Every Day!

Join now to get the NewsHeater.com pre-market morning brief 100% free

Get Notified Of Insider Trades, Analyst Upgrades & Downgrades, Earnings Updates & Best Stocks To Trade Every Single Morning

100% free. stop anytime no spam

Get The Best Stocks To Trade Every Day!

Join now to get the Newsheater.com pre-market morning brief 100% free

We do not sell or share your information with anyone.