Pinduoduo Inc. (PDD) shares were rising 3.27% to trade at $142.4 in Thursday’s premarket at last check. PDD’s stock lost -6.91% to close Wednesday’s session at $137.89. PDD shares have risen by 258.25% over the last 12 months, and they have moved up by 1.81% in the past week.
Pinduoduo Inc. (PDD) is China’s largest agriculture and interactive commerce platform, and there are some Speculations about a $500 Million U.S. initial public offer which we think is the reason behind its early morning surging but we do not have any news about it yes so we are not going to discuss it at the moment.
Recent financial results
ON March 17, 2021, Pinduoduo Inc. announced its unaudited financial results for the fourth quarter and the fiscal year ended December 31, 2020.
Q4 financial highlights
- Pinduoduo total revenue for the fourth quarter was $4,068.6 million, which is an increase of 146% compared to in the same quarter of 2019.
- For the fourth quarter, the total costs of revenues were $1,766.5 million which is an increase of 466% from the same quarter in 2019.
- The company suffered an operating loss of $313.8 million in Q4, 2020.
- The company spent $2,616.0 million in operating expenses for the fourth quarter.
- For the reported quarter, Sales and marketing expenses were$2,254.8 million.
- General and administrative expenses were $62.2 million for the reported quarter.
- Research and development expenses were $299.0 million
- For the fourth quarter, the Net loss attributable to ordinary shareholders was $210.9 million.
- Non-GAAP net loss attributable to ordinary shareholders was $28.3 million for Q4 2020.
- Net cash flow from operating activities wasUS$2,290.7 million
- as of December 31, 2020, Cash, cash equivalents, and short-term investments were $13.3 billion
The year 2020 Financial highlights
- PDD total revenues were$9,117.5 million for the full year of 2020.
- Total costs of revenues were $2,954.6 million for the reported year.
- Total operating expenses were $7,600.5 million for the full year of 2020
- Sales and marketing expenses were $6,313.3 million for the reported year
- General and administrative expenses were $231.0 million
- Research and development expenses were $1,056.2 million for the reported year
- PDD suffered a net Operating loss of $1,437.6 million and a Non-GAAP operating loss of $883.9 million for the full year of 2020.
- Net loss attributable to ordinary shareholders was $1,100.3 million and Non-GAAP net loss attributable to ordinary shareholders was $454.4 million for the year 2020.
Pinduoduofounder stepped down
On March 17, 2021, Pinduoduofounder, Colin Huang stepped down from the board of directors. Chen Lei will work as chairman who will also continue to serve as Chief Executive Officer.