FEDU stock lost 10.56% in the extended trading session on Friday, March 26, 2021, after gaining 34.33% in the early session. Still, there is no recent update or news about FEDU stock in the market to support its loss and gains.
Let’s have a look at the recent past of FEDU stock.
Recent Financial results announcement
On January 12, 2021, FEDU announced its unaudited financial results for the third quarter, ended November 30, 2020.
Financial highlights of Third Quarter
- The FEDU revenue wasUS$10.3 million for the reported third quarter.
- FEDU stock’s gross profit was US$3.8 million.
- FEDU’s general and administrative expenses were US$4.6 million and Sales and marketing expenses were US$1.1 million for the reported quarter.
- It suffered an operating loss of US$1.9 million and Adjusted operating loss was US$1.0 million) for the third quarter.
- US$1.3 million was the net loss and adjusted net loss(non-GAAP) was US$0.7 million in the reported quarter.
- Four Seasons Edu had cash and cash equivalents of US$66.8 million as of November 30, 2020.
Financial highlights for Nine Months
- The FEDU revenue was US$31.9 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2020.
- Gross profit for the nine-month was US$12.6 million.
- FEDU spent US$13.5 million in General and administrative expenses and $3.4 million insales and marketing expenses for the first nine months.
- It suffered an operating loss of US$4.3 million and it has a net loss of US$2.5 million for the first nine months.
Four Seasons Education (Cayman) Inc. is a leading Shanghai-based educational company dedicated to providing comprehensive after-school education services with a focus on high-quality math education. It provides educational programs that are primarily focused on elementary-level math and have expanded in recent years to other subjects, including physics, chemistry and languages.
Mr.Peiqing Tian is the current Chairman of FEDU. He holdsvast experiences in the education sector and has served in various head coach and organizational committee positions for math competitions. Heearned his bachelor’s degree in 1984 in mathematics from East China Normal University.
Conclusion: There is no recent news about FEDU stock so we can assume that the current pandemic is behind its up going stock price because the education sector is also facing lockdowns and online learning has gained more momentum since the Coronavirus pandemic started in 2020.